The Streamyx Saga

Well, it's really challenging because this would be all in English and rare to my blog. But I really wanted to share my personal experience here as a TM streamyx broadband user, I think this would be an interesting case study for what a customer service means.

I finally wrote an email to TM last night, to tell my stories:

" This is XXX from XXXX. I would like to share my unpleasant experience with your Streamyx Broadband service before I pen down for my readers.

I have been experiencing internet connection failure since last week, after checking the hardware settings (modem installation, cable plugged in properly etc) I am sure that there were no faulty setting on my part. However, the Internet Light on the router was red color but the DSL and POWER lights were in stable yellow color indicating the line was stable.

I called 100 to ask for technical assistance. Your live technician requested me to check all over again the setting and directed me to press the Start button, press RUN and type CMD and so on. After all steps finally I was told that everything was OK and they will reset the port for me.

After that everything back to normal and I get my internet connection back.

The second night the same problems arose, I called 100 and requested directly to have my PORT reset (which I am not quite understand how does the PORT and troubleshooting works) but it was the faster way for the troubleshooting.

But I understand that resetting the port just a quick fix and I requested the live technician to lodge a report for me, but he refused to do so because my problems have been fixed. He insisted me to lodge the report whenever the problems happen again. I asked for an possible root cause for my case and he declined to elaborate further as that was a very complicated and technical knowledge.

The third night I encountered similar experience and I called 100 again. Due to lack of previous record I have to go through the lengthy verification process, repeat my stories all over again which was really time consuming, the Malay lady seemed like understand my problems and agreed to lodge a technical report for me. But she insisted me to do the same process again like turn on the computer, press the START button and so on.

I refused to do so as this was done before and not helpful at all. It was clearly the symptom has been identified and selective test has been performed to show that the modem installation was proper.

Afterwards she asked me to do a direct connection which I had done it before I made the phone call. The next thing was she directed me to connect my modem directly to my desktop. I explained to her that was not possible because I was using desktop and I don't have 25 meter long cable available to connect my desktop and modem. That was the reason I am using Wi-Fi to get the wireless connection. If I am conveniently could put on the wiring I would not using Wi-Fi.

But the lady insisted me to do that as she could not lodge the report without these standard procedures done. Additionally she explained that she needed to narrow down the problems for the technician.

After calling 100 3 nights in a row I found that your live technical department only using the standard procedure to solve the internet connection problems and assuming the user bear the responsibility for fault setting which is untrue in my case, because after multiple attempt in my part and only resetting the port could solve the problems, obviously TM has to bear the responsibility, but the root cause still remain mystery at that juncture of time.

After failed attempt to lodge a report and fix the internet connection problems, I have to reschedule my work to make way for a visit to the nearest TM POINT personally, just to lodge a report which I think could be done over the phone.

However, my effort seemed like in vain too at first because the front desk lady rejected my requests, saying that all technical problems report have to call 100 directly (which I tried). I insisted and finally I get a number, waited for more than 1 hour to lodge my complain to a less friendly and seemingly hurried front desk lady.

My report number was XXXXXXX.

A technician named XXXX called me 2 days later and assures me that my PORT has been changed due to faulty reason. I am glad because I truly believe that my internet connection problems have been solved and obviously it was the PORT problems.

However, when I back home and failed to online too, after various attempts and futile mechanical efforts (for example turn on and turn off the modem alternatively, direct connections) and waited for 1 hour I got my line back.

The whole process just like to dial up or you can say it is a "warm-up" which is really ridiculous as broadband means instantly connect for a high speed connection.

Clearly the problems still remain the same. I called the technician the next day and I was told that my modem possibly malfunctioning as he has done all the necessary thing. I am wonder, am I to be blamed here for not getting the reliable service now?

I am truly experiencing mental duress by using your unreliable broadband service.

The unsatisfactory troubleshooting from your live technical department clearly inflexible and too rigid for procedure compliance (eg: couldn't lodge report live and preventive report to find out the root cause), irresponsive (not helpful and not willing to provide service), incompetent (misinform troubleshooting guidance and easily generalized the root cause) . All these clearly not a quality service.

I am writing this letter to appeal that your company could provide a better service and most importantly, please settle the infrastructure on your side.

I am waiting for any further good news from your side. Thank you."

**************

Guess what I get from the reply? Here is the instantly computer-generated auto reply:

Dear XXX

Thank you for your feedback, we ensure you that your views and suggestions will be reviewed in our effort to further improve our services.


Well, the stories still go on.

0 把回音: